10/04/2021 by Captain Jeff Patterson 2 Comments
Fun Things To Do In Daytona Beach
As a captain of a fishing charter business here in Daytona Beach, I meet a lot of people from all over the country. Many customers of ours are from out of state and often ask me for fun things to do around Daytona (aside from the thrilling fishing excursion). Well, I've decided to answer those questions in advance with some recommendations of some of the restaurants, sites and events I like the best.
Daytona Beach, nicknamed The World's Most Famous Beach, has a lot of things to do for people of all ages. From watching the beautiful sunrise from Sunglow Fishing Pier to spending a wonderful, relaxing day at the beach, to historical sights, to museums and amusement centers, to great restaurants with spectacular ocean views, Daytona Beach offers it all.
There are so many things to list, so I'm just going to 'cherry-pick' my favorites. Let's start with the restaurants. Many of my customers ask me where they can go to have their catch prepared, cooked and served. We recommend a number of places:
- Crabby Joe's Deck & Grill - Home of the whale-sized surf and turf burger as seen on The Travel Channel's Man v. Food, Crabby Joe's is an open air and casual dining venue located directly on Sunglow Pier. The popular eatery features a large selection of fresh seafood and land lover specialties. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Bring your own fishing tackle or rent gear right on pier and Crabby Joe's will prepare you a seafood basket of your fresh catch.
- Boondocks Restaurant is a quaint waterfront restaurant, nestled along the Halifax River. It offers an array of fresh seafood, burgers, wings and salads in a welcoming family atmosphere with dynamite sunsets! Come by water, tie up to one of their slips at the tiki bar, and have your fresh catch cooked for you.
- Millie's Restaurant & Catering - Millie's is a highly rated restaurant that takes great pride in their community and they were voted one of the top 10 seafood restaurants in the U.S. by Yelp. If you're just looking for a quick sandwich to go, you can certainly get one here, but this place also offers a refined sit-down-restaurant environment with upscale tastes and a relaxing atmosphere.
- Down The Hatch - Since 1975 Down the Hatch has offered Florida dining overlooking the scenic waters of Ponce de Leon Inlet. The menu includes soups, salads, and sandwiches, along with seafood, steak, chicken, pork, and pasta dinners. Dine inside or outside on the deck overlooking that Intracoastal Waterway. Live entertainment.
- Tomoka State Park- Tomoka is a bird-watcher's paradise, with over 160 species sighted, especially during the spring and fall migrations. Visitors can stroll a half-mile nature trail through a hardwood hammock that was once an indigo field for an 18th-century British landowner. The park protects a variety of wildlife habitats and endangered species such as the West Indian manatee. A boat ramp gives boaters and canoeists access to the river. The park store offers snacks, camping supplies and canoe rentals. For overnight stays, the park has full-facility campsites and youth camping.
- Museum Of Arts & Sciences -The impressive Museum of Arts & Sciences is a fantastic place to have a great day indoors, making your way through its many galleries. It features a planetarium allowing an immersive 360-degree experience, a children’s museum with hands-on displays, the biggest collection of Florida art on earth, and more.
- Daytona International Speedway - Daytona International Speedway is a race track in Daytona Beach, Florida, United States. Since opening in 1959, it has been the home of the Daytona 500, the most prestigious race in NASCAR as well as its season opening event. In addition to NASCAR, the track also hosts races of ARCA, AMA Superbike, IMSA, SCCA, and Motocross.
Daytona Beach plays host to two large motorcycle rallies each year - Daytona Bike Week in the spring and Biketoberfest in the fall.
- Bikeweek - In its 81st year, Daytona Bike week is a legendary 10-day event filled with festivals, concerts, bike shows, street parties and much more.
- Biketoberfest - The event, which attract more than 100,000 motorcycle enthusiasts, coincides with the Daytona 200 motorcycle race at the Daytona International Speedway.
- Bruce Rossmeyer's Destination Daytona - A motorcycle enthusiast’s dream come true! Home to Bruce Rossmeyer’s Daytona Harley-Davidson’s 109,000+ sq foot showroom featuring new and used Harley-Davidson Motorcycles as well as MotorClothes and accessories for the entire family. Motorcycle rentals are also available onsite with EagleRider Rentals and Tours. This huge complex is also home to J&P Cycles, Giant Recreation World, Destination 4 x 4, Daytona Cycle Audio, The Ultimate Seats, Divine Leather, Daytona Official Gear and more! Hungry? Choose from Houligan’s, Daytona Pig Stand, Big Scoop Ice Cream or Wild Hog Café. Sit back, relax and enjoy your favorite beverage at Saints & Sinners Pub that features live entertainment on the weekends. Stop by for the day or spend the night! There is also a full service hotel on property – Clarion Inn Ormond Beach!
Pole Dancer Fishin' Charters looks forward to welcoming you to Daytona Beach!
Please visit our website @ https://www.smallboatbigfish.com with any questions or to book your charter.
Capt. Jeff Patterson